Tuesday 2 April 2013

D&AD - Batiste Brief



Creative Challenge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make Batiste a must-have product for every beauty toolkit, appealing to new customers and engaging with existing ones. Build the Batiste brand by creating four new graphic identities and fragrances.
They should fit in with the current range but have stand out shelf appeal. Demonstrate this across a number of practical applications, including packaging, website and point of sale.
Batiste are fashion-led, utilising trends to ensure that they have significant shelf appeal and strong brand loyalty. How can the graphic identity work harder to sell the varieties of Batiste in an instant, whilst also clearly demonstrating the full potential of the product?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My Approach :


"appealing to new customers and engaging with existing ones"

Well what about branching out to the male market? Men do use Batiste (maybe not as often as women do) but I know they do use the stuff. So, would it be a missed opportunity if Batiste don't create a male identity within their company (make it okay for men to buy the products in the shops and have it part of their grooming kit). Personally I think so. Unfortunately I didn't have my designs finalised enough to enter the competition due to my dissertation deadline. It's been a busy 3rd year. Also I haven't yet created a P.O.S.D.U as required in the D&AD brief. Luckily is this part of my graded module at uni, So the brief/work was compulsory. Obviously I've aimed and designed my bottles at the male market :)
I think my designs are fairly self explanatory. I've gone for digital camouflage approach as it's very masculine and popular and I've also used the tinted sprays (like the women one's have) as they are (in my opinion) the most effective types of batiste products! 
I've gone opposite to the female designs and put the patterned print on the can lids and have the can left aluminium (plain). Last but not least I choose not to 'create a smell' as I'm not a scientist (I some time wish I were) and wouldn't know what a good shampoo-y smell for men would be like....

Anyway enough ranting. Enjoy

The Whole Collection:












Website :



(the empty box is for when I get round to creating my P.O.S.D)



Point of sales. (P.O.S.D) :







No comments:

Post a Comment